We recently identified that when students share their Thunkable project, the platform will automatically clear out any app settings, including Firebase, Stripe keys and URLS.
To resolve this, students using Thunkable have been instructed to copy their credentials to a designated location in their code.
Reviewing Thunkable Submissions as a Judge?
- If you are reviewing a Thunkable submission, you will need to look for a screen entitled "API Credentials".
- You will also need to know how to plug in the credentials. To learn how to do so, please follow the steps below.
- When viewing source code for projects created in Thunkable, please look at the screen names if there is one titled “API Credentials”.
- If there is, please follow these instructions to ensure that you can properly test the app.
See a video of the steps below:
1. Copy the information present in the “API Credentials” screen.
2. On the “Design” tab, click on the App Settings button (the blue cog)
3. On the right side of the window, scroll down and input the credential information as necessary
4. Proceed to test the app as normal