Who is eligible to compete?
- While anyone is able to complete the program and learn about AI, only Family Teams are eligible to compete in the competition
What is a Family Team?
Teams can have a maximum of 6 participants. There can be:
- 1-2 Parents/Guardians
- The parent/guardian on the Family Team needs to be 18 or older
- 1-5 Children
- All children need to be 16 or younger on January 1, 2021
- There is no minimum age for participation
- All members must be signed up and registered on our website
We have 2 age divisions. The age division of your Family is determined by the oldest child member of your team:
- Senior: As of January 1, 2021, the oldest child in family is 12-16
- Junior: As of January 1, 2021, the oldest child in family is 11 or younger.
Can my Family Team have unrelated child members?
- Yes, as long as the Family Team has one parent/guardian of a child on the team
- Teams with unrelated members selected to come to our global event may need to complete some additional steps to be eligible for travel
Are mentor + student Family Teams allowed?
- Mentors can lead the program with students but are not eligible to be the parent/guardian member on a Family Team
- Teachers should sign up for Mentor accounts
- Please note that a mentor cannot submit as part of a Family Team.