Regional Pitch Events will be held wherever Regional Ambassadors are available and able to host an event. Updates about locations and dates of Regional Pitch Events will be sent out via email as the information becomes available. For those participants who do not have Regional Pitch Events to attend, their submissions will be scored through the online submission platform.
In cities with more than 10 teams, Regional Ambassadors can organize a Regional Event for participating teams to move to the next round. Regional Pitch Events are official, competitive events, where the top scoring teams are guaranteed to advance to the finals.
- Organized by a Regional Ambassador
- Hosted between April 27, 2019 through June 2, 2019
- Event must be officially registered on the my.technovationchallenge.org platform
- Minimum of 3 judges, maximum of 5 per division
- Minimum of 10 teams in the Junior Division
- Minimum of 10 teams in the Senior Division
- All teams pitch their apps live
For every 10 teams participating, one top scoring team will move to the next round; for 11-20 participating teams, 2 top scoring teams will move to the next round. Judges for these events will be required to submit their scores online by June 2, 2019. Students attending a Regional Pitch Event, must select their city event (instead of virtual judging) during submissions.