- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 girls. No more than 5 girls are allowed to join a team
- Students can only join 1 team
- Mentors can join one or more teams
- You can review the Week 0 lesson for more information to get started!
How are team divisions formed?
Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team. For example, if 3 students on the team are 14 years old, but there is one student who is 15 years old, the team will be considered Senior division. Here are the divisions:
- Junior Division: 10-14 years as of August 1, 2020
- Senior Division: 15-18 as of August 1, 2020
How do students find a team?
Most Technovation Girls teams meet at schools and are mentored by school teachers or Regional Ambassadors. In some cases, parents and other community leaders step up to mentor teams.
As a first step, the student should see if she has friends/classmates who would be interested in forming a team. In the case that there are enough students to form at least one team at the school, the students should then look to find a teacher(s) who can volunteer to mentor the program.
Can a team include students from different schools?
Yes, Technovation Girls teams can include students from different schools. If you are having a hard time finding someone to be on your team, you can find other team members through your dashboard and work with them online.
When to meet?
Teams decide when they meet. Most students meet after school with their mentors, but there are some who meet at home on weekends. It’s up to the team to coordinate a time that works for them.