Student Ambassadors (SAs) are Technovation Girls Alumnae ages 13-20, who have been selected to act as a champion of Technovation Girls in their region.
Student Ambassadors help support Technovation Girls in their local community in a number of ways, such as:
- Recruiting students to participate in Technovation Girls by hosting* local recruitment events, and explaining the experience of being in the program
- Providing guidance** and support to students throughout the season, including during the registration process
- Helping students understand the lessons in the curriculum, and how the program works
- Motivating students to continue learning the curriculum and to complete their submission by the deadline
- Meet regularly with local students to learn the curriculum, work on projects, and ask questions.
- Speaking at local or virtual Technovation related events, to promote awareness of the program and its benefits to students
- Supporting their local Chapter Ambassador, as needed
*Events may be virtual or in-person, according to local COVID guidelines.
**Student Ambassadors are NOT expected to officially mentor teams. SAs can decide to:
- Support teams in finding their own mentor
- Guide teams as needed, unofficially
- Be a team's official mentor, if 18 years of age or older
The average time commitment per week for a Student Ambassador is around 1 to 2 hours, from October through May. Some weeks, Student Ambassadors may have no SA-related responsibilities, while in other weeks, they may spend 5 hours on SA-related tasks, such as hosting a recruitment event.
Through the course of the season, Student Ambassadors:
- Gain leadership and mentoring experience
- Develop their influencing, strategizing, and project management skills
- Network, learn and exchange ideas virtually with over 100 Student Ambassadors from around the world
- Receive exclusive online support, professional skill development, and unique opportunities from our Technovation staff