Student Ambassadors (SAs) are Technovation Girls Alumnae who have been selected to act as a champion of Technovation Girls in their region. SAs help recruit students to participate in Technovation Girls, and offer support to teams throughout the season. Many SAs help promote Technovation by working with our partners, and promoting the program via social media and local community organizations.
Student Ambassadors are responsible for:
- Assisting their Regional Ambassador, if there is one in region
- Hosting recruitment events*
- Recruiting students as program participants
- Supporting students in their program experience
- Leading support sessions* for teams, during submission time
(*due to COVID, there may be virtual recruitment and support events)
Benefits and support:
- Join a global group of over 90 Student Ambassadors
- Network, learn and exchange ideas with Student Ambassadors from around the world
- Develop leadership, mentoring, and event planning skills
- Receive exclusive online support
- Participate in training webinars, and gain access to our resources
The average time commitment per week for a Student Ambassador is around 1 to 2 hours, from October through May. Some weeks, you may have no SA responsibilities, whereas other weeks, you may spend 5 hours on SA related tasks, like hosting a recruitment event.
Am I expected to mentor a team?
No, there isn't an expectation to officially mentor teams. You can decide to:
- support teams in finding their own mentor
- guide teams as needed, unofficially
- be a team's official mentor