- In order to participate, all students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2019.
- All students must identify as female. No males can enter the competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. No more than 5 students are allowed to join a team.
- Students can only join 1 team.
- Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
Note: These are the general rules for Technovation mentors. Please check with your local Regional Ambassador if there any rules that are specific to your region.
- Mentors must be over the age of 18, unless special permission is granted from Technovation.
- Mentors can be Technovation alumni.
- Mentors can join more than one team.
- In order to submit, mentors will need to complete their profile which includes:
- Completed mentor training (available on dashboard)
- Consent form
- Background Check (if applicable)
- Bio completed
- Mentors/adults cannot write/produce any part of the submission for the students. This includes writing the code, writing the business plan, or producing the pitch video/demo video.
- Mentors cannot take credit for students’ work, use students’ work to their advantage, or copy/reproduce ideas without the explicit permission of all team members.
- Mentors may be allowed to become virtual judges but will not be allowed to judge submissions from their region.
- Mentors cannot receive any part of the student’s prize money if their team wins. It is intended for students only.