Ready to use Technovation Families in your classroom?
One of the first questions to answer is: will your Families have their own accounts and upload photos/videos of their project to the Technovation Families website? Or will you present the design challenge without having Families create accounts?
If Families will have their own accounts and post their progress, we recommend:
- At least one tablet or computer with the camera enabled for every 3 family groups. Consider setting up stations where families can bring their design challenge to the device to upload their text, pictures and video.
- Check these devices beforehand to make sure they are not blocking parts of the Technovation Families website.
- Check the capability of your internet to handle multiple devices. Sometimes the bandwidth is not strong enough to allow for many internet users.
- A projector, screen, and speakers for the Mentor. This enables the Mentor to present the design challenge and show related videos. It maybe also be helpful to show the students how to access the design challenges and upload their ideas (note: you will need a family account to demonstrate this--mentor accounts are not able to upload design challenge submissions).
If you are presenting the design challenge and families will not have their own accounts:
- Only a projector, screen, and speakers are needed to initially present the design challenge to students.
- Each design challenge has videos, materials recommendations, and an Inspiration Gallery to help students begin creating their own design challenge prototypes.
Have fun using Technovation Families!